Made in USA
Like no other.
Machining a fly reel is as much art as it is skill. Just as a perfect loop flying over the water is a thing of beauty crafted by the caster, the Evolution R is the culmination of our engineers’ and machinists’ artistic and technical prowess.
The Evolution R is not only lightweight, but also incredibly rigid and durable, with a unique geometry that is as functional as it is stylish. The innovative shape of the ultra-large arbor spool is engineered to force the even winding of the line across the face of the spool as it is retrieved - something never before seen in a fly reel.
The new drag design is also an industry first: a fully sealed, bonded proprietary carbon fluoropolymer and stainless steel interface that delivers smooth power in a lightweight, compact package. Start up inertia is virtually non-existent to protect the most delicate of tippet. The Evolution R’s extremely wide range of brake adjustment also manages to produce some of the highest drag pressure found in a fly reel.
This all is controlled by a subtle yet striking, frame-integrated drag knob that blends perfectly into the form of the reel. Its solid grip allows for easy manipulation of settings - even while wearing gloves. Couple this with the canvas phenolic handle, first introduced by Ross Reels, the on-the-water functionality of the Evolution R is second to none.
TELLURIDE ANGLER - FEB. 2017 REVIEW
"A stunning product...I walked away from the day very impressed with the new hardware from Ross."
-Richard Post, Telluride Anglers
THE FLY SHOP - MARCH 2017 REVIEW
"A great, lightweight performer."
-Matt Callies, Southwest Rep for Ross Reels
- ULTRALIGHT WEIGHT
- All models less than 5.2 oz and fully machined from 6061-T6 proprietary aluminum alloy
- SEALED DRAG
- Industry leading power-to-weight ratio in a fully sealed system | Proprietary carbon fiber and stainless steel disc stack
- STAINLESS STEEL INTERNALS
- All internal components are machined stainless steel
- CUSTOM HANDLE MATERIAL
- Fully machined canvas phenolic rod, resting on a 7075-T6 chromated aluminum post yields reduced weight and increased grip when wet
- Type II anodized for the perfect balance of hardness and color
- CONNECTION AND CONVERSION
- Quick release spool and easy left-hand to right-hand retrieve conversion
FLY LINE COVERAGE
3wt. - 8wt.
Designed for use in all freshwater, warmwater, and saltwater fishing environments
Matte Black and Platinum
MADE ON THE WATER®
To us, MADE ON THE WATER represents more than just words; it's our detailed commitment to precision in every product we make, the guarantee of our skilled professionals to continually exceed expectations, and the satisfaction our customers feel when using our tools on the water.
Limited Lifetime Warranty
Ross products are unconditionally guaranteed against manufacturer's defects in materials and workmanship for as long as the original purchaser owns the product.