Sage X Two Handed Fly Rods - Switch and Spey
Sage X Spey Rod Review and Line Recommendations
NEW - Sage X Two Handed Fly Rods
This rod is a super charged Sage ONE without being too stiff. The new materials that Sage constructed this with is a higher density material that retains more power and responsiveness.
The X rod’s all-new fast action taper built with our KonneticHD Technology delivers greater blank recovery and a crisper tip stop - creating tighter, more efficient loops throughout all ranges of casting styles. This taper allows you to dig deeper into the rod and access the lower sections, shifting power closer to the angler. Decreased lateral and medial movement and vibrations in the blank result in a more accurate and efficient presentation, resulting in a performance driven, forgiving fast action blank - refining the
synergy between angler, rod, line, and fly.
(MSRP values above are incorrect)
The new Two-Handed X rods let you experience the remarkable benefits of KonneticHD Technology through access to the more powerful lower sections of the rod, allowing for easier and more efficient load carry through the casting stroke. The shaft’s significantly enhanced recovery and crisper tip stop optimize line speed to deliver long, smooth casts. The decreased vertical movement and vibrations in the blank result in a more accurate and efficient presentation.
• KonneticHD Technology®
• Black Spruce blank color
• Dark Green thread wraps with Metallic Grey trim wraps
• Fuji ceramic stripper guides
• Hard chromed snake guides and tip-top
• Stealth Black anodized aluminum reel seat, down-locking on
Spey models, up-locking on Switch models.
• Integrated hidden hook keeper in reel seat on Switch models.
• Laser etched line weight on slide band
• Super Plus fore grip and rear grip
• Black rod bag with Titanium logo and Black Spruce model tag
• Evergreen powder coated aluminum rod tube with
• Handcrafted on Bainbridge Island, USA
KONNETIC HD Technology
KonneticHD Technology is the next era in performance graphite rods. Optimizing our graphite-to-resin ratio, we have created a higher density (HD) fiber composite, resulting in lighter, stronger blanks which deliver unmatched recovery, energy transfer, and line/loop control. Building upon proprietary construction techniques developed for Konnetic Technology, KonneticHD gives us an elevated platform to achieve new levels in rod design.
FROM HAND TO FLY – HD GIVES YOU MORE.
· New proprietary graphite/resin composite developed through exclusive partnerships.
· Advanced high density (HD) fiber positioning, enhanced laminate characteristics, and optimized manufacturing techniques increase composite modulus while maintaining durability.
· KonneticHD creates amplified strength-to-weight and stiffness-to-weight ratios as needed within the rod blank.
· Optimized fiber-to-fiber energy transfer along the length of the blank minimizes both lateral and medial vibrations, delivering accuracy in an easy loading blank with quick recovery, a crisp tip stop, and enhanced line feel for complete loop control.
· The highest energy transferring material we have ever created, opening new doors for our R&D Team to experiment with construction techniques, taper designs, and action profiles.