Sage IGNITER Spey Rods // Fast Action Spey
Highlights of the Sage Igniter Two Handed Rods
• Quick casting strokes
• Lifting power for longer heads or heavy sink-tips
• Casting for distance
The most demanding conditions require a different kind of tool. Strong head wind? Casting at distance? Long heads or Heavy sink-tips? The IGNITER is tuned to handle the most technical of conditions. Not a rod for the everyday anger, the IGNITER is equipped with an ultra-fast action high line speed taper to carry large amounts of line at distance with wind cutting performance. Perfect for long traditional or scandi lines and/ or winter Skagit heads with heavy sink tips and flies.
FEATURES of the Sage IGNITER
- KonneticHD Technology
- Chipotle blank color; Cayenne thread wraps with Gunmetal trim wraps
- Fuji ceramic stripper guides
- Hard chromed snake guides and tip-top
- Laser etched line weight on slide band
- Black rod bag with Titanium logo and chipotle color model tag
- Black powder coated aluminum rod tube with Sage medallion
Species and Rod Recommendations for Sage IGNITER Spey Rods
6 Weight - Ideally suited for a multitude of steelhead, light salmon, and big trout duty. The 6126-4 is extremely versatile, able to cast Scandi, Skagit or Traditional spey lines. Searching for the perfect Summer Steelhead Dry Fly rod?; look no further.
7 Weight - The most popular and versatile spey rod in the line-up. Excellent choice for Winter Steelheading casting Skagit style lines and heavy sink tips, also crosses over as a Summer Steelhead rod presenting smaller flies with Scandi style lines.
8 Weight - Excellent winter steelheading tool for throwing large flies with intermediate skagit heads and big tips, or covering large water with more traditional mid-long belly lines.
9 Weight -The most powerful and fastest action 9wt Spey rod. Power to lift and control Scandi heads, long belly and traditional style Spey lines.
10 Weight - Most powerful and fastest action 10wt Spey rod. Power to lift and control long belly and traditional style Spey lines.
KONNETIC TECHNOLOGY®LIGHTEST. SLIMMEST. STRONGEST. THE WORLD’S MOST ACCURATE RODS.
Improved accuracy is a result of smoother tracking and increased line speed and line control... all features of Sage’s revolutionary Konnetic Technology®. Creating an impossibly light blank with enhanced hand-to-fly sensitivity, Konnetic Technology utilizes advanced modulus positioning that places carbon fibers to exacting tolerances. This creates slimmer blank profiles with unparalleled strength and efficient energy transfer throughout the shaft. Konnetic Technology’s highly responsive and robust blanks feel connected, offering significantly enhanced torsional stability and minimal vibration for casts that track effortlessly and accurately.
- Unique, proprietary carbon/resin composite developed specifically for Konnetic Technology® rods and found exclusively in Sage rods.
- Advanced modulus positioning creates slimmer profiles, greater strength, and more efficient energy transfer along the length of the shaft.
- Optimized hoop to axial fiber positioning reduces blank weight and enhances cross-sectional strength
- High compression molding for increased fiber density, reducing weight with uncompromised durability.
- Superior tracking through minimized lateral and torsional movement.
- Focused energy transfer creates greater connectivity with less effort.